Talent in the region
At a time where innovation and knowledge are at the heart of economic development and prosperity, human capital in the form of highly qualified labour is an essential resource. Talent is needed to stimulate innovation in both private and public sector. It is also vital for other community interests, for instance by securing regional buying power. Many regions in Europe have problems in retaining or attracting talent.
This site, resulting from the BUTTON project assists stakeholders in border-regions to offer the right incentives to retain and attract talent. In close cooperation with all stakeholders involved, we developed this toolkit for regional authorities to deal with the issue of talent.
This site is structured around the resources and policy domains we found are important to retain and attract talent.
Under each heading you will find an explanation and tools to guide you.
- In Talent we deal with the issue of talent in the region, presenting you an overview of what we found in our project. this overview persents the policy domeaind which are important to retain and attract talent, and whicha re dealt with under the next headings.
- Under the heading BUTTON we will explain the BUTTON project, procedures and results
- In Quality of life we deal with the opportunities to increase the living conditions and experiences in the region, ranging from basic infrastructure like housing and transport to more specific provisions and amenities (culture, sport, etc.). To what extent are these specifically geared to accommodating what are considered as ‘talented’ workers? How is the attractiveness of the region translated in quality of life?
- In Policies you will find some results on the important areas for p[olicy makers to address.
- In Business we deal with the areas necessary to improve business performance and their role in the attraction, nurturing and employment of talent.
- In Labour we look at some issues to improve the labour market.
- In Good Practices we give you an overview of the good practices we found in our regions
- The section Tools we present some methods and instruments that can be helpful in developing strategies and actions to attract and retain talent in your region.